High-purity Whatman quartz thimbles support accurate, reproducible emission testing by providing low extractable levels and temperature resistance up to 800°C.
• Appropriate for manual sampling in aggressive environments
• Suitable for both solvent extraction and air sampling applications
• High-purity quartz/silica, for high-temperature resistance (up to 800°C)
• No binders or chemical additives
• Low heavy metal content
• High collection efficiency
We also offer glass and cellulose extraction thimbles.
Emission testing and particulate monitoring applications
• Emission testing and smoke stack gas sampling
• Gravimetric calculations in gases
• Analysis of hot and acidic gases
• Trace element analysis
• Analysis of pesticides and residues
Quartz thimble filter size
Each Whatman quartz thimble is made from high-purity quartz with low heavy metal concentrations. Thimbles are 90 mm in length, tapered for stack sample loading, and have an outside diameter of 25 mm.