Kieselguhr prepleated paper with a medium to slow flow rate and additional adsorption effect.
• Savings in time required to quadrant-fold circles to fit conical filter funnels in repetitive or multiple analyses.
• Decreased overall filtration time because of the extra surface area exposed; the normal slow down of filtration speed due to the loading of particulate is postponed.
• Increased total loading capacity as more filter area is available.
• Maintained flow rate due to the reduction in filter paper contact with funnel side and the self-supporting shape of the filter itself.
• The prepleating does not significantly affect any of the technical data, and the same figures may be used for the flat circles.
Time-saving Whatman qualitative grades are offered in this convenient form, which gives major advantages over flat circles.
Grade 287 1/2
Additional adsorption effect e.g. for the separation of very fine semi-colloidal turbidity, for clarifying milk serum, starch solutions, soil suspensions or sugar-containing solutions prior to polarimetry or refractometry. Also available in flat stock form as Grade 287.
Product 10310244: Discontinued. No new products will be manufactured after 30th September 2017. No alternative is available.