Whatman Grade GF 9 glass microfiber filters are strengthened with an inorganic binder for environmental analysis of coarse, heavy samples.
• Retention of coarse particles (~ 3 µm)
• Strengthened with inorganic binder
• Can withstand temperatures up to 500°C
• Medium filtration speed
• Can be used as a pre-filter for dense samples
We provide a number of binder-strengthened filters for use in varied environmental analyses. Browse the Whatman range of glass filters to find the right binder and retention for your application.
Strength for environmental analysis
Grade GF 9 borosilicate glass filters can be used in a range of environmental analysis applications. The added strength of the inorganic binder makes these filters appropriate for use in retention of samples with heavy particles. Other applications include:
• Determination of PCB*, DDE, DDT, furans, and dioxins in air
• Pollution measurements in industrial, urban, and populated areas
• Dust measurements in the workplace
• Determination of dust fraction in technical gases
• Testing the effectiveness of dust-collecting