Whatman GMF 150 prefilters are multilayer graded density filters for rapid and efficient filtration of samples with high solids content.
• Compared to an unprotected membrane, greater sample volume can be filtered
• Higher particulate loading capacity and faster flow rates than uniform prefilters
• Excellent particle retention (both large and small particles)
• 100% borosilicate glass, binder-free
• Extends life of final filter membrane
Multilayer filter design
When a sample is applied, the multigrade glass filter traps larger particles in its pores or on the surface of the coarse layer, medium-sized particles in the interface meshing, and smaller particles in the interstices of the fine layer. The multilayer design provides comprehensive particle retention.