GE’s Whatman Grade 54 filter paper has high wet strength and a larger nominal particle retention rating than comparable Büchner filtration papers, enabling fast vacuum filtration of coarse precipitates.
• Acid-treated for high wet-strength and chemical resistance
• Large nominal particle retention rating of 22 µm
• Fast filtration speed (Herzberg filtration speed 39 s)
• High purity (0.015% ash maximum)
• Compatible with Büchner funnel or Hirsch funnel applications
GE Healthcare’s Life Sciences business offers three grades of low ash hardened filter paper for quantitative analysis. All three are designed for use in gravity and vacuum/suction filtration in Büchner and Hirsch funnel applications and can be customized for an exact fit.
Fast filters for vacuum filtration
Whatman Grade 54 filter paper can sustain fast vacuum or suction filtration in a Büchner or Hirsch funnel. The hard, smooth, acid-treated Grade 54 fast filter paper supports collection of coarse and gelatinous precipitates with minimal fiber shredding, even when wet.