With less than 0.01% ash, GE’s Whatman Grade 589/1 filter papers can be used for the Blaine test in the cement industry and as an ash content test filter for foodstuffs.
• Herzberg filtration speed of 50 s*
• Black ribbon filter’ for fast filtration of coarse precipitates
• High purity (< 0.01% ash)
• Blaine test and ash content test compatible
• Also available prepleated as Grade 589/1 1
*The time taken to filter 100 ml water (20°C) through a filter area of 10 cm2 at a constant pressure of 5 cm water column
Blaine test filter paper
Whatman Grade 589/1 filter papers from GE Healthcare’s Life Sciences business are designed for fast filtration of coarse precipitates in support of tests such as cement fineness measurement in a standard Blaine test or determination of the ash content in foodstuffs.